Be-ING a Disciple: Telling
During this Advent season, join us as we celebrate the birth of our Savior by serving, worshiping and caring for each other inside and outside the walls of Grace. There is so much to do and so much to tell…about Him!
GINGERBREAD HOUSE DECORATING DAY
Saturday, December 3, 10 a.m. – noon, in Massey-Tucker Fellowship Hall
Register your family and friends to join us for Gingerbread House Decorating Day! The houses will be pre-built for you to decorate with all the icing and candy you need to make a fun decoration to enjoy during the Christmas season. Purchase one house to decorate together or one for each person in your group and make it a fun competition. You can even take one to-go if you don’t have time to stay and decorate it that day. We’ll have other fun activities to enjoy as well… and we’ll do all the messy clean-up for you! Each house costs $25. Register HERE.
BLUE CHRISTMAS WORSHIP SERVICE
Sunday, December 4, 5 p.m., Founders’ Chapel
Grace invites you to a special holiday worship service designed for those for whom the holidays might be difficult. If you have undergone a difficult loss, transition, or life change, the church cares about you and invites you to a special time of music, worship and reflection.
SHARING CHRISTMAS JOY TABLETOP TAPESTRY LUNCHEON
Monday, December 5, 10:30 a.m., Massey-Tucker Fellowship Hall
Join the Women of Grace for their annual beautiful Christmas luncheon. There will be an array of tabletop tapestry creations to inspire and enlighten you for the Holidays. Come early to view the tables, and the Space City Acapella Quartet will entertain us at 11 a.m. with lunch to follow. Lunch is $12.
ENCORE CHRISTMAS DAY TRIP
Tuesday, December 6, 9:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Shopping and lunch is on the agenda for this Christmas Day Trip. Old Town Spring is the historic location of a 19th century railroad hub which grew into Spring, Texas and is now home to over 100 local businesses! We’ll leave Grace, head to Old Town Spring, do some exploring and shopping plus enjoy a delicious lunch (dutch treat). Sign up at the Connection Center counter.
GRACE KIDS MUSICAL (lovingly GKM)—"HOTEL NOEL
Sunday, December 11, 9:30 a.m. during worship
Written and led by our middle and high school students, our kindergarten through fifth graders will take us on a journey with a family unexpectedly stranded at a “this-didn’t-show-up-on-any-GPS” safe harbor called Hotel Noel. Join us Sunday, December 11 as our kindergarten through high school seniors take over our Sunday morning service and remind us of the true meaning of Christmas and all the JOY it brings!
CHRISTMAS FOR THE CITY 2022
Sunday, December 11 following worship
We are excited for our 8th annual Christmas for the City. This year we will again be building walls for four houses with Habitat for Humanity, continue our relationship with Kids’ Meals, Inc. to pack 4000 lunches for preschoolers and be making family kits for Houston Welcomes Refugees.
· 9:30 a.m. Worship
· 11 a.m. Check-in and enjoy lunch catered by Demeris BBQ
· 11:30 a.m. Welcome and prayer in the Courtyard
· 11:45 a.m. Work projects begin
· 2 p.m. Kids’ Meals and Refugee kits finished, load and deliver
· 4:30 p.m. Habitat wrap-up and clean-up
Wear your Christmas for the City t-shirt and construction attire to start building right after worship and lunch. Christmas for the City T-shirts ($10) will be available for purchase Sunday mornings starting November 27.
WHO CAN SERVE:
· Children ages 4-15 will have the opportunity to package lunches for Kids’ Meals, make family kits, work on crafts and write prayers on the Habitat home build boards
· Adults and students ages 16 and older can serve on the wall build or be crew leaders for packaging lunches, wrap and label toys and crafts
· Adults may serve on a hospitality team to provide refreshments to all of our volunteers
· Child care will be available for ages 3 and under. Please select this option during the online registration process
HOW TO GIVE:
• Your generous contributions will help us reach our financial goal of $35,000 to make these projects a reality for families in our city. You may give online or with a check made payable to Grace (it is important to note “Christmas for the City” on the memo line). You can also contribute on Sunday mornings in the courtyard.
Here are some suggested ways to give:
· Walls for four houses: Single boards for $25, a room for $1500, or an entire house for $7500
· 5,000 lunches: 20 lunches for $30, 200 lunches for $300 or 500 lunches for $750
· 100 welcome kits: Buy 1/2 a welcome kit for $50, 1 welcome kit for $100, or 2 welcome kits for $200
· A financial contribution of your choice.
· Pray for Christmas for the City. Pray that people may be moved during worship and blessed by the children and students performing that day. Pray also for good weather, smooth logistics and that the recipients receiving Habitat homes and Kids’ Meals would see the face and love of Jesus through these efforts.
· Decorate bags for kids’ meals. As we prepare for the event, please bless our families by picking up a stack of brown lunch bags, decorating them (no stickers please) and returning them to the Welcome Center before December 10. The bags are available for pick up in the Connection Center in a bin marked “Kids’ Meals.”
Register HERE for Christmas for the City and the Demeris BBQ lunch ($12).
A CROWDED HOUSE CHRISTMAS PARTY
Sunday, December 11, 5-6:30 p.m.
Last Crowded House for the season, come for Jesus, Christmas fun, games, food and gifts.
A FESTIVAL OF LESSONS AND CAROLS
Sunday, December 18, 9:30 a.m. in worship
Join the Chancel Choir, Worship Team, and guest musicians for a wonderful morning of worship through song and scripture as we celebrate Christ's birth together!
“LONG TIME, NO SEE” CHRISTMAS GATHERING
Sunday, December 18, 5-7 p.m.
Calling all high school juniors, seniors and college students. Come meet at the Tritt’s house to catch up and reconnect with some convo and Christmas cheer. Contact Daniel or Liz for more information.
CHRISTMAS EVE WORSHIP AT GRACE
Saturday, December 24
10:30 a.m. Jammies and Jingle Bells for kids and their families (Sanctuary)
3 p.m. Worship Service with Communion (Founders’ Chapel)
5 p.m. Candlelight Service (Sanctuary)
7 p.m. Grace en Espanol (Founders’ Chapel)
CHRISTMAS DAY WORSHIP
Sunday, December 25, 11 a.m., Founders’ Chapel
Simply Christmas in the chapel. Christmas morning celebration with classic Christmas carols and Christmas morning reflections. The childcare staff will be with their families on Christmas Day so keep your littles with you.
NEW YEAR’S DAY WORSHIP
Sunday, January 1, 11 a.m., Founders’ Chapel
Simply New Year’s Day in the Chapel as we welcome in 2023. It will be a service of gratitude and opportunity with Communion as we look ahead to all that God provides. The childcare staff will be with their families so no childcare available.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SHARE CHRISTMAS JOY
In celebration of the Advent season, consider dedicating a poinsettia flower to remember or honor someone you love. Dedications will be accepted through Sunday, December 11 and may be made online HERE. https://members.gpch.org/Registration?RegistrationInstanceId=661
Poinsettias you have dedicated will be available for personal pick up immediately after worship on Sunday, December 25 at 11 a.m.
CHRISTMAS MESSAGES FOR THE HOMEBOUND
Any time during the four weeks of Advent, stop by the table top Christmas tree located in the Welcome Center and choose an ornament. On the backside of the ornament is the name and address of a homebound member. Make someone’s day by sending a Christmas card with greetings of joy to your recipient as a way to love on those at home during the holidays and beyond.
ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS GIVING
Grace supports many missionaries and mission partners doing the incredible work of our Lord and Savior both locally and globally. As an alternative gift for that someone special, consider supporting someone in the mission field on their behalf. You’ll find a complete list of Missionaries HERE and a list of local Grace Mission Partners HERE.
IDEAS ON WHAT TO SAY TO OTHERS THIS SEASON
Sometimes the craziness of the holidays distracts us from sharing the Good News of the season. Our big God wants even the smallest greeting shared in His name. Whether it’s a conversation or a quick note in a card, here are some ideas of how you can share His love and tell His story with others:
• May your days be filled with love and joy.
• Noel! Hope that the Christmas spirit fills every corner of your home
• May your Christmas be packed with treats, hugs, and laughter.
• Merry Christmas to someone who’s always on my “nice” list!
• Wishing you a festive Christmas season and a peaceful New Year!
• It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Sending you lots of Christmas cheer.
• A most jolly Christmas to you and yours!
• Feeling incredibly blessed to have you in my life this holiday season. Wishing all the best for you and yours.
• So lucky to be spending another Christmas with you.
• Holidays like Christmas remind me what I’m grateful for: you.
• The holidays are extra magical this year because I get to spend them with you.
• I know this past year has been tough, but I hope this holiday season brings you joy and happiness. I’m wishing you all the best iwith many blessings in the New Year.
• Having you in my life is the best Christmas present I could ever ask for.
• Just writing to put a smile on your face this Christmas season.
• May your holidays sparkle with joy and laughter.
• Wishing you a season that’s merry and bright!
• Celebrating the good news of Christmas and the blessing of knowing good people like you.
• Christmas is here and He is born! Hope your Christmas is blessed.
• Wishing joy to your world and peace to your heart this Christmas.
• So thankful for the blessing you are in my life. Merry Christmas.
• Glory to the newborn King! Merry Christmas to you and yours.
• Jesus is born! Have a merry Christmas.
• Hope you feel all the blessings and love sent down from heaven on that first Christmas.
• O come let us adore Him! Wishing lots of joy and love to you and yours this Christmas.
• Rejoicing with you in the birth of our Savior this Christmas season.
• May your spirit rejoice in the wonder of His birth. Wishing you a joy-filled Christmas season.
• Wishing you hope, peace, joy, and love as you celebrate Christmas.